May 11, 2016 ~ 6:30pm
Pre-concert lecture illustrated by film excerpts by Maestro Carlo Ponti for the Los Angeles Virtuosi Orchestra's season finale performance at the Theatre Raymond Kabbaz, featuring an emotional tribute to Maestro Ponti's family filmic legacy. Presented in collaboration with the Italian Cultural Institute, Los Angeles.
- An introduction to the Los Angeles Virtuosi Orchestra and its support of music education in its partner schools.
- Program overview: film soundtracks and Georges Bizet’s First Symphony.
- Nino Rota’s world of sound.
- La Ciociara: a masterpiece for the ages.
- Maurice Jarre and the music of Dr. Zhivago
- The Boy on a Dolphin
- Michel Legrand’s film scores
- Georges Bizet’s First Symphony
Italian Cultural Institute
Sala Roberto Rossellini
1023 Hilgard Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Reserve Seats to the lecture