September 25, 2015 ~ 6:30pm
Special pre-concert lecture by Maestro Carlo Ponti illustrated by members of the Los Angeles Virtuosi Orchestra for its inaugural performance in Los Angeles at the Theatre Raymond Kabbaz on September 26th
- An introduction to the Los Angeles Virtuosi Orchestra.
- Program overview: French and Italian musical masterpieces.
- The operatic world of Jules Massenet.
- Maurice Ravel’s music.
- Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto.
- Astor Piazzola and the Tango.
- Antonio Vivaldi’s art.
- Peter Ilyitch Tchaikovsky’s Serenade for Strings.
Italian Cultural Institute
Sala Roberto Rossellini
1023 Hilgard Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90024